There are so many RV choices for camping and long trips. It can be an overwhelming decision when trying to choose the right one for you and your family.
There’s just too many options and too many non-essential additions that it can lead to you spending too much.
For long-term camping and indefinite time outdoors, the best RV is a caravan. Caravans are suited for long-term stays at your favourite (or any) outdoor camping ground.
Caravans have all the necessities and essentials of home, ample storage and is convenient to couple up with a ute.
Long-term camping requires basic utilities that most camping grounds do not provide. So let’s take a look now at what makes caravans the best option for long term camping.
Caravans come in all shapes and sizes. They are built to provide you with the little creature comforts you get to enjoy at home.
A caravan is essentially a smaller, more portable version of your own home. Some of the facilities and features that provide comfort in a caravan are:
- Kitchen – a full working kitchen equipped with all the essentials. In case your campground does not allow solid fuel fire, you can rely on your caravan kitchen to keep you fed and nourished. You have a fridge to store and keep your food fresh. You have a sink for washing and cleaning. Most caravans store greywater, if not, you can customise your unit so it does.
- Comfortable Sleeping Area – sleeping in your van is better than sleeping on the ground on your tent. Although sleeping under the stars on the ground is a refreshing activity that you can do every now and then, nothing beats sleeping on a clean, spacious, and soft mattress.
- Toilet – Answer the calls of nature in your private and secure toilet without worrying about your privacy. You can do what you need to do in the comfort of your van. This will give you some normalcy and some feeling of being at home.
- Shower – Some caravans are fitted with outdoor and indoor showers. This is very convenient when the park you go to do not have showers available. Most sites have non-potable water available so taking showers in your caravan is not a problem.
- Entertainment – Most caravans are equipped with entertainment appliances like a TV, sound system, etc. You can also have some installed if yours do not have any. It’s nice being in the great outdoors but sometimes you just want to spend a lazy evening watching the telly.
- Heating and Air Conditioning – The weather can be unpredictable. When the outback weather conditions get too much, you can always head inside your caravan and turn on the heat or turn on the air conditioning when it is too hot outside.
- Solar Power – Enjoy using your appliances, night lights, water heater, etc. You can install solar panels (if you do not have any yet) to make sure you have enough power to run your appliances and other gadgets.
Caravans are very secure. They are built to withstand extreme weather conditions and they can be fitted with modern security and locks for your protection.
With a caravan, you are protected against the natural element, wild animals, looting and theft. However, you still need to make sure you are fully secure at all times and don’t take anything for granted.
Safety On The Road
Caravans have larger departure angles, elevated ground clearance, robust suspension, enhanced coupling articulation, sturdy chassis and frames. They are very safe for long drives and extended periods of time being exposed in nature.
Camping in nature for longer periods of time can get monotonous at times. It is important that you have some form of entertainment to break the monotony of daily camping activities.
Most caravans are equipped with TV and other entertainment systems. You can also customise it however you like so you can install other appliances.
You can bring portable speakers, guitars, almost anything that you want to bring and install in your van.
Sufficient Space And Storage
Designed like a roving home, caravan layouts are planned to give a good flow of space for easy movement. You also have enough storage space for all necessary items and even the non-essentials.
There are many other reasons why a caravan is the best option for long-term camping. However, as caravans come in different types and designs, you still have to do your research and look for one that is best suited for your needs.
With the COVID-19 travel and camping restrictions being lifted, it is time to get out and discover Australia in your new caravan!
We have over 40 years of experience in the caravan industry ranging from sales and custom vehicle building through to service and repairs.
Please call our super-friendly customer service team today on (08) 9535 5507 or contact us through our website for all your caravanning requirements.